November 1, 2023 - February 1, 2024 at 11:59 PM
This scholarship is funded by the Esler Companies and administered by the George Snow Scholarship Fund.
All applications are kept confidential and vetted by the George Snow Scholarship Fund.
- No minimum GPA
- Must have financial need
- Must be a high school senior from a qualifying region
- Can attend any accredited school college, university, technical or vocational school
- Employees of the Esler Companies and their dependents are not eligible for the Door of Opportunity Scholarship.
- *Please be aware that when awarding the Door of Opportunity Scholarship, preference will be given to under-represented students.
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- Greater Philadelphia
- Rhode Island
- Central & North Texas
- The scholarship is awarded on a one-time basis but will be disbursed over the course of the student’s undergraduate education.
- Should you be chosen to interview for the Door of Opportunity Scholarship through the George Snow Scholarship Fund Selection Committee, you will be asked to provide information such as high school transcripts, financial aid award letters and tax returns prior to the interview to substantiate your application.
- If you are selected for an interview, you must provide a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Therefore, all applicants must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in advance.
- If your citizenship status prevents submission of a FAFSA, we can make the exception.
- All scholarship notifications will be sent by email. Please notify the George Snow Scholarship Fund staff immediately if your email changes. If we cannot reach you, you could lose a scholarship opportunity.
- The application does not need to be completed in one sitting.
- Please note that all Scholarship Selection Committee decisions are final and we do not accept appeals.
Thank you for applying and we look forward to reviewing your application!