Door of Opportunity Scholarship Application
This scholarship is funded by the Esler Companies and administered by the George Snow Scholarship Fund.
All applications are kept confidential and vetted by the George Snow Scholarship Fund.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2021 at 5:00 PM (Eastern Time)
- No minimum GPA
- Must have financial need
- Must be a high school senior from a qualifying school district
- Can attend any accredited school college, university, technical or vocational School
- Employees of the Esler Companies and their dependents are not eligible for the Door of Opportunity Scholarship.
Qualifying School Districts
- Arizona: Phoenix Union High School District
- Arizona: Sunnyside Unified School District
- Colorado: Denver Public Schools
- Colorado: Harrison School District 2
- Connecticut: Hartford Public School District
- Massachusetts: Worcester Public Schools
- Oklahoma: Tulsa Public School District
- Pennsylvania: Philadelphia School District
- Road Island: Providence Public School District
- Texas: Dallas Independent School District
- Texas: Fort Worth Independent School District
- Texas: San Antonio Independent School District
- The scholarship is awarded on a one-time basis but will be disbursed over the course of the student’s educational career.
- Should you be chosen to interview for the Door of Opportunity Scholarship through the George Snow Scholarship Fund Selection Committee, you will be asked to provide information such as high school transcripts, financial aid award letters and tax returns prior to the interview to substantiate your application.
- If you are selected for an interview, you must provide a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Therefore, all applicants must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in advance.
- If your citizenship status prevents submission of a FAFSA, we can make the exception.
- All scholarship notifications will be sent by email. Please notify the George Snow Scholarship Fund staff immediately if your email changes. If we cannot reach you, you could lose a scholarship opportunity.
- The application does not need to be completed in one sitting.
- Please note that all Scholarship Selection Committee decisions are final and we do not accept appeals.
Thank you for applying and we look forward to reviewing your application!